NEW Track: The Roots Feat. Big K.R.I.T. – “Make My”


The first leak off The Roots’ forthcoming concept album Undun,  features Big K.R.I.T.Don't we just love leaks.lol.
 The Roots’ new album is going to be a 10 track orchestral concept album. The project will be a re-telling of the life of Redford Stephens (1974-1999) – using diary entries and internal monologues as the backbone for the entire LP.
Speaking about the album drummer ?uestlove said:
“We’ve been intentionally making our albums shorter in length so that they can be experienced as a continuous work. The music is band-oriented with an eye on the moody cinematic. As a DJ, I am the king of playlists, but I don’t want our albums to feel like a playlist or a mixtape for that matter. We want to tell stories that work within the album format and we want the stories to be nuanced and useful to people.

“undun is the story of this kid who becomes criminal, but he wasn’t born criminal. He’s not the nouveau exotic primitive bug-eyed gunrunner like Tupac’s character Bishop in Juice… he’s actually thoughtful and is neither victim nor hero. Just some kid who begins to order his world in a way that makes the most sense to him at a given moment… At the end of the day… isn’t that what we all do?”
My mind boggles as I listen to this joint.
Here's Undun track list
1. Sleep
2. Make My (feat. Big K.R.I.T.)
3. One Time
4. Kool On
5. The Jump
6. Stomp
7. Lighthouse
8. I Remember
9. Tip the Scale
10. Redford




This entry was posted on and is filed under ,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply